- Serba Wangi Sdn Bhd (“Serba Wangi”, “we”, “our” or “us”) values and is committed to protecting Personal Data (as defined below). As such, in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) and commitment towards the protection of our registrants’ personal information, we have put in place this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) especially for our annual Coway Run event (the “Event”).
- This Notice explains the type of Personal Data we collect or have collected, how we collect, process, store and retain your Personal Data and to whom we disclose or have disclosed your Personal Data as required under the Act.
- By providing your Personal Data to us and/or continuing access to this website (“our ecoBrown’s Website”), you declare that you have read and understood this Notice and agree to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with the manner as set out in this Notice.
- Kindly note that we reserve the right to amend, update and/or vary this Notice at any time. Notification of such revision shall be posted on our ecoBrown’s Website and/or other means of communication deemed suitable by ecoBrown’s. Please check our ecoBrown’s Website from time to time to stay informed of any revisions to this Notice.
B. Collection Of Personal Data
1. We collect and process personal data when you interact with us through our BookDoc Application, which includes without limitation:
- your personal details, such as your name, company name, residential address, contact number, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, national registration identity card number, passport number, nationality, images and biometrics;
- your payment details, such as your debit / credit card information, bank account details and payment history;
- technical information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information and account login information;
- the date and time you access our BookDoc Application;
- your running statistics and data;
- information relating to your activities, habits, preferences and interests arising from your participation of the Event including your views or opinions made known to us via feedback or surveys;
- any details relating to any other person(s) who may be identified from any information, data or document you submit to us; or
- any other personal information you provide to us in the course of your interaction with us, (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”).
2. We may collect your Personal Data:
- when you access our BookDoc and/or any of our other websites/online platforms (collectively, “Sites”);
- when you ask us about the Event i.e. registration, ticketing purchasing process, payment process etc. or otherwise communicate with us;
- when you register an account on our BookDoc Application to sign up for this Event;
- when you make payment to purchase tickets to this Event;
- when you create a profile (“Runner Profile”) on our BookDoc Application in order to sync with the application operated by our partner (“Running App”) and accumulate running distance;
- when you participate in our promotional events on our BookDoc Application and/or our official social media channels ;
- when we deliver the running kit, contest prize or any other merchandises related to the Event to you;
- when you trace the delivery status of the running kit;
- when you provide us with any feedback, participate in surveys and/or lodge a complaint with us;
- where relevant, from third parties; and/or
- from publicly available sources.
We may use and process your Personal Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- to register an account with us on our BookDoc Application;
- to create, manage and maintain your account and your Runner Profile on our BookDoc Application;
- to manage your participation in events and/or promotions hosted on our BookDoc Application, if you have signed up for such events and/or promotions;
- to process payments made by you or on your behalf via our payment gateway operated by our third-party service providers;
- to use your running statistics and data to transform them into points that can be redeemed on our ecoBrown’s Website or the BookDoc Application;
- to enable you to interact with other participants/registrants of the Event;
- to provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of our BookDoc Application;
- to manage and maintain our relationship with you;
- to keep you informed of our products and/or services, promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- to provide care and enhance customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to your requests and enquiries relevant to the Event;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- to analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- for internal record keeping or other administrative purposes;
- for statistical analysis purposes;
- for information management and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mails, handling and investigating any security-related issues, vulnerabilities, and/or incidents;
- (upon completion of the Event) where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on our part;
- to exercise of any functions conferred by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- for and/or in connection with all other purposes incidental and/or ancillary to our business/services or in furtherance to any of the abovementioned purposes, (collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
D. Disclosure To Third Parties
If and when necessary in connection with the above Purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed and/or transferred to third parties which may or may not be located outside Malaysia, including but not limited to:
- our affiliates;
- our employees, authorised agents or contractors and other third-party service providers who provide services to ecoBrown’s for any of the Purposes contemplated in Paragraph C;
- our partners, vendors and sponsors participating in the Event;
- our external advisors, professional or otherwise, including solicitors, accountants and auditors; and/or
- government or quasi-government and regulatory authorities.
In addition to the above, we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the above third parties for the purposes of any corporate exercise involving ecoBrown’s including any merger or acquisition.
E. Security Of Personal Data
Although we endeavour to maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration, no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place are one hundred percent sufficient or effective to safeguard your Personal Data. As a user of our BookDoc Application, you agree to assume all responsibilities and risks in your use of our BookDoc Application, and acknowledge the existence of all such risks in using the internet generally. To further protect your Personal Data, you should safeguard your username and password (registered on this Application) and not share such information with anyone.
F. Updating Your Personal Data
You may access, update and amend the Personal Data contained in your Runner Profile at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes.
You may choose to deactivate your account registered on our BookDoc Application at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we deactivate your account, you will be logged out of your account and you will no longer be able to log into the same to view the activities in the account.
G. Consent, Withdrawal Of Consent And Opt-Out
- Except as otherwise provided in this Notice, we only collect Personal Data that you provide to us. If you would prefer that we do not collect Personal Data from you, please do not provide us with any such information or access our BookDoc Application. By visiting our BookDoc Application, providing Personal Data to us, or otherwise interacting with us, you shall be deemed to have read and consented to our processing of your Personal Data in the manner as described in this Notice. You may withdraw your consent to our processing for any of the above Purposes, at any time by contacting us via the contact details provided in paragraph J below. If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our processing of your Personal Data, we shall proceed to continue to process the same for the Purposes as set out above, on the basis that you have consented to our current as well as all our previous processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice.
- Please note that we may not be able to process your registration for the Event and/or you may not be able to participate in the Event, if you do not provide us with your consent or withdraw your consent for any of the Purposes.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in this Notice, you may opt out of or unsubscribe from receiving our promotional materials by clicking on the “unsubscribe from this list” icon located at the bottom of our emails to you.
Where you provide us with Personal Data of other data subject(s), you agree that you shall ensure that the data subject(s) has given consent to this Notice.
H. Third Party Websites
Our BookDoc Application may provide links to other websites or social media platforms, including those of our partners, vendors, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates participating in the Event. Please note that we are not responsible for those websites or social media platforms. If you link to or otherwise visit any other site, please review the privacy policies posted at that site.
I. Web Browser Cookies
Our ecoBrown’s Website may use “cookies” to enhance the experience of our users. A “cookie” is an element of data that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser. Cookies gather information about your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. Our ecoBrown’s Website uses this information to analyse the traffic on our ecoBrown’s Website and better serve you when you return to our ecoBrown’s Website. It is not our intention to use such information to personally identify a user. You have the option to configure your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. Further, you have the option to block all cookies. Please note however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies you may not be able to use all of the functionalities available on our ecoBrown’s Website.
J. Enquiries Or Complaints
Should you require further information or have any complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data, kindly contact us through the following contact details:
PDPA enquiries: 1-800-888-111
ecoBrown’s enquiries: email@example.com